Delivery Solutions for Email Marketing
In your email marketing practice you could run or get into a few problems through email delivery. Every part of those problems could be separated in three categories: bounced emails, email image blocking & HTML problems, spam/junk mail filters.
Image blocking & HTML problems
Such problems might come up with a few ISP’s (especially AOL). They are caused through unlike filters a particularly when ISP is using. Majority filters disallow emails with big number of similes considering them as one way of conveying different viruses. The HTML code of your e-mail messages also must be ideal, in order that it would not be considered as spam. Here are a few guidelines on putting in the image setback:
• Majority image filters don’t apply for those addresses that added to white lists, in which could be moderated as through system operators accordingly as by users (mostly in B2C environment).
• Including are a text link for the users in “view web version” who are still experiencing some difficulty with regards on image downloading and wish to obtain access to the e-mail.
• To describe the images you use in your e-mail, use ALT tags.
• A few mail customers have the role of communication preview. Try your message on the other mail customers and know if it would be legible for them.
• Also design text-based version of your e-mail. Even if the HTML versions seem better-looking, text-based messages and ads are assured of unlike filters and certainly it would reach the user. Also the statistics prove that CTR’s are advanced for text-based messages.
Spam/junk mail filters
These problems are too on top. Also frequently lots of commercial emails find caught by spam filters. The hint to these problems are to get out of those words that loved by spammers, similar to “right now”/ “free”/”buy today” etc. The Outlook would put your email to “Delete” folder immediately. To guarantee construct your emails get through each of these filters and persuade your subscriber on adding your email address to their Address Book. The AOL could also block your email if the HTML codes have errors (a few spammers do add spare tags, in fact not required in HTML code to mask the same message as unlike). Use any HTML validation as our suggestion. Also big volume of emails send from lone email address might too cause problems in delivery. Spam filters would possibly send them or jam them in bulk.
But if you do not wish to be in a blacklist, give attention how your “postmaster@” and “abuse@” addresses are applicable and are capable of receiving email. Make certain that you have an access to those addresses and could assess the incoming mail. These addresses are suggested by Internet standards put by IETF for reporting on any complaints
Hard and soft bounces are frequent proceedings in email marketing. Both come up as your messages get the status of undeliverable. Soft bounce presupposes the messages are undeliverable merely provisional, meanwhile hard bounces alarm the not valid or the not obtainable email address. To fix these troubles you must immediately check your email marketing list plus inform data on it that might possibly be done by you or through your customers and subscribers themselves.